Dear RPS Families,
The pandemic has affected all of us and created stress and anxiety for many families. In December, we offered a collection of online learning opportunities specifically for RPS families to help you navigate these changes and the challenges that come with parenting during the pandemic.
One of the courses, Connected: How to Show Up For Your Kids in the Digital Age, is available as an online course that you can complete at your own pace anytime between now and June 30, 2021. The course is through the Spark & Stitch Institute and is free for RPS families. Over the next few months, some of our student support services staff will be hosting online discussion groups to talk about the course content, share resources and provide an opportunity for you to ask questions.
If you are already registered, you will receive a welcome email on Saturday, January 16, from the Spark & Stitch Institute with your login information.
If you would like to participate, you can register online and we will add you to the online course within 1-2 business days.
Here is what is included in Connected: How to Show Up For Your Kids in the Digital Age:
- Kickoff webinar with additional content on kids and screen time (recorded live on Dec. 30, 2020) (English | Spanish)
- 3 learning modules or “sparks.” Participants receive one spark each week for three weeks.
- 12 video lessons, each is 4-8 minutes long.
- 12 supporting downloads with exercises, prompts and practical parenting strategies.
- Access through June 30, 2021.
- BONUS: Invitation to Spark & Stitch Institute private Facebook group for community and Q&A.
- Virtual discussions with families starting in February. These meetings are optional and will be hosted by our student support services staff. They will provide you with an opportunity to talk about what you are learning, ask questions and receive additional support.
- Target Audience: Parents with children in grades 3 through 12 will benefit the most from the content.
We hope that you will consider joining us. It is our goal to support you and your family in every way that we can as we navigate our current reality.
If you have any questions about these opportunities, please contact Jennifer Valley at email@example.com or 612-798-6029.
The Richfield Public Schools Student Support Services Team