We believe that all students have the right to a quality education and, in a digital world, that includes access to quality technology. When used properly, technology is a tool that can help teachers teach and students learn. We help our students and staff become digitally fluent by ensuring access to devices and regular technology training. We also prioritize parent and guardian applications that help ensure academic success. That is why we offer a suite of applications where you can monitor your child’s attendance, grades, academic workload and more.
If you need support with school-issued technology, our IT help desk is available to you (which includes bilingual staff to support families in Spanish) and we offer in-person support through our school media centers.
Helpful RPS Apps for Parents and Guardians:
- Seesaw (grades PreK-5) is great for monitoring your child’s learning. Your child’s homeroom teacher sent home access information at the beginning of the school year. Download the Seesaw Family iOs App and the Seesaw Family app for Android, or access the platform on a PC or laptop using the information from your child’s teacher.
- Schoology (grades 6-12) provides you with access to student assignments, grading criteria, teachers via messaging and more. New families with students in grades 6-12 are added automatically and an account creation email is sent to the address on file with the District. If you didn’t receive an account notification email and you want access to Schoology, please email our technology help desk.
- ParentVUE (grades PreK-12) allows parents/guardians to view grades and attendance. You can also use these platforms to pay student fees like lunch account balances and athletics fees. You can access ParentVUE from a computer or using a smartphone app. At the start of the academic school year, a letter with your ParentVUE pin will come home in paper form if you have not yet set up a ParentVue account. If you can’t remember your Parent VUE access information, if you don’t have a PIN, or you have any other Parent VUE questions or concerns, you can open a support ticket with the email email@example.com or call 612-798-6050.
- If you are interested in becoming a participant in our trial on GoGuardian parent application where you can more closely monitor your child’s browsing history on school-issued devices and monitor screen time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-798-6050 and ask for trial access. You must have an active email address in order to set up a GoGuardian parent account.
Student Data Privacy:
- In accordance with State Statute HF 2353 on student data privacy, school districts are required to notify families about the technology applications students are using in schools.
- We use a variety of digital tools to support student learning. You can find a list of our technology applications at tinyurl.com/rpsapps. This list includes information on the student data elements within each application and is maintained and communicated to families at the start of each school year.
If you would like more information on any of these resources or if you need IT support, please visit the Technology page on our website.
Cory Klinge, Director of Technology