At the Richfield School Board meeting last night, the District adopted the following changes to Policy 548: COVID-19 Face Covering.
- Masks continue to be required in the following places:
- The Health Services Office in each school
- Early childhood and preschool classrooms where children are too young to be vaccinated
- Students returning from a five-day COVID-19 quarantine need to mask for days 6-10
- Face coverings are recommended in all other RPS buildings and spaces, including on school buses.
- These changes take effect immediately.
As previously communicated, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated their guidance on masking, as well as other COVID-19 mitigation factors. Under the new guidance, communities are rated as low, medium or high risk based on their local COVID-19 infection rates and available hospital beds. You can read the guidance and search community risk levels on the CDC website. Currently, Hennepin County is considered medium-low risk.
As COVID-19 transitions from a pandemic to endemic, we want you to know that we will continue all other mitigation efforts including enhanced cleaning, hand washing/sanitizing and social distancing when possible. We also encourage everyone who is eligible to get the vaccine to do so.
You can continue to find updated COVID-19 information and resources on our website.